Recipients have been designated. Enjoy your holidays, everyone.
Ask Box is Open!
After a few people messaged me, reminding me to do it, I have opened up our ask box and our submissions! Please let us know if you have any questions, and we’ll answer as soon as possible. If you’re going to submit your app, here, please be sure to send it in an email, as well, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re working with some very personal information, so we need to be sure that there are strict guidelines in place to keep everyone safe and happy. Please let us know if you have any additional suggestions or find any of these problematic.
1) Safety is our #1 priority, so your address will only be available to a total of three people. Myself, Matt, and whoever is assigned to be your Elephant. Any email address you use will not be available to anyone but Matt and I, and there will be no emails sent to you other than one confirmation email sent to you or one requesting any additional information that we need.
2) Please, unless otherwise and specifically stated, keep your gifts nondenominational.
3) No cash gifts.
4) The deadline to sign up for an opportunity to send and recieve a gift is December 1st, 2012.
5) The deadline to ship out your gifts is December 15th, 2012
6) If you need help covering shipping costs, please contact myself or Matt, as we are working on setting up a paypal account for donations to assist with this.
7) If you would like to/are able to donate to the paypal to assist with shipping costs for other people, let one of us know and we will inform you of the email to use.
8) In order to ensure that people are sending gifts when they request one, we require that you give us a tracking code for your package when you send it, or we can’t allow your Elephant to send your gift.
Hey! You there!
First things first: A traditional White Elephant Gift Exchange includes stealing other peoples’ gifts. This is more like a “Secret Santa” gift exchange, but Santa is not as cool (or as holiday-neutral) as elephants, so we’re going with this.
For this event, we’re going to match up tumblr users anonymously, so they can send holiday gifts to each other.
In order to sign up to send and receive a gift, we will need the following information sent to us as an ask or in an email to email@example.com:*Your name
*The winter holiday you celebrate
*A list of things you like
*Your price bracket
The price brackets will be as follows:
- Email/letter gift
- Homemade-$10 gift
- $10 - $25 gift
- $25 - $50 gift
Hopefully, as we get going, we’ll set up a paypal to accept donations to help with shipping costs for people who wish to participate, but for now, when you are matched with your Elephant, you will be told what state/country they live in, and we will try to keep you close to your buddy so you don’t wind up spending $20 on shipping.
Please note that you will be randomly assigned a partner and we will not accept requests as to who you want to sponsor as an Elephant. However, we completely respect financial burdens, and will keep people within similar price brackets (for example, someone who wants to email as their gift, will receive an email as their gift. Likewise, someone who wants to spend more than $25 will get a gift worth more than $25)
Your Elephant will not know who you are - only the list of things you like, your price bracket, and your address - until after the holidays. After the New Year, we will post who was matched with who, and you two can choose whether or not to connect over tumblr. If you’re uncomfortable giving out your address, choose an email gift! We want to be as inclusive as possible.
Please let me (PC) or Matt (TWUBC) know if you have any additional questions. Until then, signal boost this post, and sign up to send and receive a gift from a tumblr-er for the holidays. :)